2. October 2019
BSB Industry supports the Break Cancer-campaign
Cancer hits every third Dane and makes almost everyone else a relative to someone with the disease. We all in some way and at some point in our own lives are affected by cancer. A scourge that each and every day costs about 42 Danes their lives.
"Today, almost 294,000 Danes live with a cancer diagnosis. The good news is that the majority survives cancer. But in BSB Industry, we would like to help raise the bar. That is why we now come out in support of The Danish Cancer Society and their Break Cancer-campaign with the twin goals of fewer people getting hit by cancer and more people surviving it, "says Claus Iwersen, a partner and CFO of BSB Industry.
Break Cancer builds hope by taking wholehearted action in pursuing new ways and methods to combat and defeat the disease. The campaign is the largest of its kind in the Danish fight against cancer encouraging everyone to stand and work together to crush cancer.
"BSB Industry joins the battle against cancer because it affects us all and wherefor we all must stand together. We are well aware that we alone can not work miracles. If our contribution though can make a difference for just one person, it's all worth it," emphasizes Claus Iwersen.
The Break Cancer-campaign reaches out to all Danes in a large fundraising show on Danish television TV2 on Saturday, October 26, 2019, at 19.45.
Facts about cancer in Denmark
- Every third Dane is hit by cancer
- Every year 37.222 Danes are diagnosed with cancer - that is 102 each day
- More than half survives cancer
- 15.500 Danes die from cancer annually - that is 42 persons each day
- Cancer is the most common cause of death among Danes
- 284.971 Danes live with cancer (2018)
Facts about The Danish Cancer Society
- The largest association of patients in Denmark with 408.000 members
- 106 local chapters
- 47.000 volunteers
- A private society that is wholly dependent on the support of the Danes
- Only 3 per cent of financing is from government
- Runs its own research lab with more than 200 scientists and technicians from all over the world
- Funded cancer research with 410 million DKK alone in 2017
- Offers cancer counseling at more than 40 locations around the country as well as professionally staffed counseling by phone